Discover The Chubby Castor
We have been working hard to ensure we make your next visit safe and comfortable, whilst retaining the warm welcome.
Restaurant capacities will reflect PHE guidelines, and we are seating tables of up to eight people maximum indoors at a safe 1+m distance. At the time of your booking, we will request contact information of all party members. Our reservation team will contact you on the day of your booking to ensure that you are able to attend following PHE guidelines.
You can also expect some new safety measures across all areas, including (but not limited to):
- Certificate of AA Covid Confident Assessment Scheme
- Hand wash/sanitising stations provided at all entrances for guests and work areas for staff
- Enhanced procedures and training for our staff regarding hygiene, including self-declaration health questionnaires and daily temperature checks
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE) by staff, following PHE guidelines
- Enhanced and regular cleaning regimes with suitable alcohol sanitiser
- Adjustments to the restaurant layout, service and staff rotas to reduce the number of guests and staff in any area
- A “No handshaking policy”
We look forward to welcoming you to The Chubby Castor.
Offering civilised dining in the heart of Castor. Open Wednesday to Sunday for lunch, afternoon tea and dinner. Don’t hesitate to create memories with us.
You can also hire the main restaurant exclusively for your special event. We also offer private dining for bookings of 6ppl+ when the restaurant is closed to the public on Sunday evening, Mondays and Tuesdays.
For bookings larger than 6 people or to speak with us about your corporate, private party or special event, please contact restaurant reservations on 01733 380 801.
Our chefs can bake a cake for your special occasion upon request. Please contact us more details.
Wednesday – Saturday: 12.00pm – 2.30pm
Sunday: 12pm - 2.30pm
Thursday - Sunday: 2.30pm – 3:15pm
Wednesday – Saturday: 6.00pm – 9.30pm