The Fitzwilliam Arms, Castor is a Grade II listed building on account of its special architectural and historic contribution to the buildings of Castor. Its thatched roof, low ceilings, stone walls and gable ends are full of charm and character and typical of many of the older buildings of this sort in the district.
'The Fitzwilliam Arms' in 1944 by 1st Sgt Paul Steinke of the 77th Fighter Squadron, 20th Fighter Group.
This photo was sent to us by a member who served at King's Cliffe during WW2.
As licensed premises for many years, it first became a restaurant in the mid-1990s although some people believe it may have been a coaching inn at some point in the distant past.
The Fitzwilliam Arms is an important part of the Milton Estate portfolio, and the name of The Fitzwilliam Arms comes directly from the family who own the property who have lived nearby at Milton since 1502.
And for those who are curious…our name ‘The Chubby Castor’ comes from Ade’s outlook on life-good food, fine wine, and happiness.